Eating healthy snacks in the evening is very crucial. An evening is that time of the day when we are exhausted with the day’s work. 5 pm to 7 pm is the time when we feel famished. If we do not get healthy options to eat during that time, we end up eating unhealthy junk food. It is not at all suitable for our body. We later regret unhealthy snacking. Unhealthy evening snack can spoil your efforts to eat healthily and hamper your fitness goal.
All those looking for healthy evening snack options should go for snacks which take very little cooking time. All the ingredients should be readily available so that you do not compromise on taste and flavor. The meals which I am sharing will not take more than ten minutes to prepare. Ideal snack options should be such that can be cooked within a few minutes and should be healthy.
Healthy Snacks: Multigrain Pan Cake
- 1cup multigrain flour
- 1\2 cup of oats flour
- 1.5 tbsp of jaggery powder.
- 1\4th tsp of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 200 ml of milk
- 5-6 raisins
- Preparation time 7 minutes
- Take a bowl to add multigrain flour, oats flour, jaggery powder, cinnamon powder. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Now add milk and whisk the batter into a smooth paste.
- Add a few raisins for some extra taste.
- Switch on the gas flame and take a non-stick pan and put it on a medium flame.
- Pour some butter and as it melts pour 1 tbsp of the pancake batter and spread it evenly.
- Let it cook for 30 seconds and then flip it to cook it from another side.
- When it turns golden brown. The pancakes are ready to be gobbled.
- You can garnish it with a few drops of honey to enhance the taste.
These high fiber pancakes are all that one needs to fill the stomach. Just two pancakes are enough to satisfy your evening hunger.
Healthy Snacks: Banana Peanut Red Rice Cake
if you do not want to cook but want to have some healthy snacking this is the best option. It is tasty and filling too.
- Red rice cake readymade (readily available in the market)
- 2tsp of peanut butter
- One banana
Take two pieces of red rice cake on a plate. Spread peanut butter evenly on both. Then add sliced bananas.
* It’s the best no cooking snack option. It is well balanced with carbohydrates, proteins, natural fiber, and healthy fats. All those allergic to peanut butter can use almond butter and can try different toppings for a change.
Healthy Snacks: Crunchy Peanuts And Lotus Seeds
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1\2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp roasted peanut seeds
- One green chilly (sliced)
- 1 cup of lotus seeds
- A pinch of Rock Salt
- Pepper to taste.
- In a pan heat some oil and add green chilly and mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Now add roasted peanuts and lotus seeds. Toss it, and add pepper/salt to taste.
Your crunchy peanut and lotus seeds are ready to eat. It is super low in calories, high in protein, iron and other micronutrients.
Healthy snacks for the evening especially should be full of fibers and other nutrients. So that it helps to fill the stomach healthily. When hungry, never go and eat something unhealthy which you shall regret later.