No-cook lemon cheesecake is a type of cheesecake where the cheese filling is made without the use of an oven. It’s also known as refrigerator cheesecake, no-bake lemon cheesecake, or no-bake recipe.
The base for this dessert is usually made with graham cracker crumbs and butter that are pressed into a springform pan to form the crust. The filling consists of cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, and lemon juice (or any other flavor). After preparing the cake, it needs to be refrigerated until firm which takes about 4 hours to overnight depending on how large your cake is/how much filling you added. It should not be confused with baked cheesecakes because they need heat so they rise during baking, whereas refrigerator cheesecakes do not.
Benefits of No-cook lemon cheesecake
There are many benefits to choosing this dessert over the baked counterpart. For one, it’s easier and faster to make; you don’t need to turn on your oven or worry about the cake overcooking. Additionally, no-cook cheesecakes tend to be creamier and have a more intense flavor than baked versions since they aren’t diluted by the baking process. Lastly, they’re perfect for summertime because there’s no need to heat up your kitchen!
Below is a simple no-cook lemon cheesecake recipe that you can follow.
An Easy recipe for No-cook lemon cheesecake
• 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 16 oz cream cheese, softened
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 1/2 cup sugar
• zest of two lemons (freshly grated)
– optional: whipped cream and lemon slices for garnish
1. Combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press firmly into a 9-inch springform pan so it makes an even crust on the bottom. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare to fill.
2. Using an electric mixer, mix together softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth; set aside. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; gently fold into cream cheese mixture; set aside.
3. Add lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in until well combined. Pour into springform pan over graham cracker crust. Smooth top with a spatula, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Decorate the top of the cheesecake before serving with whipped cream and fresh lemon slices if desired! Enjoy!
• Substitute the lemon juice for lime, orange, or any other flavor you desire! Feel free to experiment here!
• If you want a firmer filling, add more powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time) after mixing together the cream cheese and heavy cream stage. Just be sure to transfer this mixture into a new bowl and clean out your electric mixer so the powdered sugar doesn’t end up in the whipped cream.
As you can see, no-cook lemon cheesecake is a pretty simple dessert to make. So if you’re in the mood for something sweet and creamy, then give this recipe a try! You will enjoy relishing it.