No-bake peach dessert is a quick and easy dessert to make when you’re in a rush. Also, it doesn’t require an oven which makes it convenient for small homes or apartments with no space for major baking appliances like the oven. So if you’ve got good peaches and good cream but don’t want to waste time on heating up your kitchen with an oven, this is the perfect recipe for you! It took me 10 minutes and I was done. You can try this out even if you’re not that much into baking; it’ll be worth your time!
Just follow these simple steps
1) Wash 4 peaches (or however many will fit in your blender). Peel them (although I personally think peeling them isn’t necessary).
2) Blend the peaches until completely pureed. It will probably take a few minutes to fully blend them so you can add water or milk if necessary.
3) Pour the blended peaches into a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup sugar (or more), 1/8 tsp salt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 5 teaspoons cornstarch (you can also use flour but I find it too sticky).
5) Heat 1 cup of cream in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until hot. You can skip this step but your dessert will be very cold; heating up the cream slightly helps warm up the whole dessert and make it taste like fresh peach cobbler. Stirring occasionally is important! (And don’t let the cream burn!) Again, you can also use milk but I find it tastes too bland.
6) Pour the heated cream into the bowl with the peach mixture. Stir well until everything is smooth and combined. Add some food colouring if desired (I added just a bit of pink since that’s how my peaches looked like).
7) Put the blended peaches into small cups or ramekins. Then put them in the fridge to chill for about 2 hours or until completely cold before serving! You can eat it warm/hot as well but beware that this dessert will taste extremely sweet after heating up. After chilling, it’ll taste less sweet and more like a peach cobbler! 🙂
Oh, by the way, you can definitely enjoy this without any cream/milk, just with peaches and sugar alone. But I felt like it needed a little bit of milk or cream because the peach puree turned out very thick for me!
Ingredients to make no bake peach dessert
– 4 peaches (or however many will fit in your blender)
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream OR whole milk
– 1/4 cup sugar (or more if desired)
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 5 teaspoons cornstarch or flour (you can also use arrowroot powder but I find it too sticky)
Method to make no bake peach dessert
1. Wash peaches and blend until smooth. You can add water or milk to help with blending if necessary; mine took a few minutes to blend.
2. Pour blended peaches into a bowl and stir in sugar (add more if desired), salt, lemon juice and cornstarch. Mix well until everything is smooth and combined; add food colouring if desired (optional).
3. Heat cream for about 30 seconds or until hot; do not boil! Stir occasionally while heating up to make sure it doesn’t burn at the bottom of the bowl (and don’t let the cream bubble over!). Also, don’t heat up the cream too much because you’ll end up cooking off some of its sweetness! After heating, stir into peach mixture along with any brown bits that might have formed on the side of the bowl. Add colours as necessary; be careful as adding too much colour will make your peach cobbler taste like fruit loops. 🙂
4. Pour mixture into small cups or ramekins and chill in the fridge until cold (about 2 hours) before serving! **Do not eat when warm because this dessert tastes extremely sweet; it needs to be chilled to bring out its flavour! You can eat it warm/hot but beware that the peaches might not taste fresh anymore after heating up. The flavour of real peach cobbler is best experienced when cold, believe me!**